Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chili Sauce (Fruit)

This recipe is from Todd's Grandma A. (Pauline). The last little note was written to Todd's Mom, Joyce. See the tomato version of this recipe here.

Chili Sauce (Fruit)

30 ripe tomatoes
6 onions
6 pears, 6 peaches
a bag of whole mixed spice
3 green peppers
4 cups white sugar
4 tbsp pickling sauce (less)
1 pint vinegar (cider) I use

Chop all together. Boil for 2 hours until fairly thick. Do not put pears and peaches through grinder, just cut in small pieces.

"Joyce, when I don't have any pears I open a can of pears and use what I think is 6, but I have put less pears and peaches in. Also I make a chili sauce with this recipe and leave out the fruit, sometimes I put a couple stalks of cut up celery and less peppers. I think the whole sp8ice make it best. (Have fun.) It don't make a lot."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!