Friday, January 7, 2011

About Grandma Doris

My Grandma M. (Doris) was my maternal grandmother. She was born in Quebec in 1921. Being a francophone, she was raised with traditional French Canadian cooking. My Grandfather was an anglophone, but being a fellow Quebecer, also spoke the French language. After the birth of their 4th child, they moved to Ontario where they raised a total of 8 English-speaking children on their farm.

I have memories of Grandma's cooking, since she did not pass away until the last decade. A lot of the recipes and memories attributed to Grandma M. have come from my mom, and aunts. I was also lucky to be passed on a cookbook of Grandma's which no one else seemed to want. When paging through the cookbook, I was very excited to discover some of Grandma's recipes in her own handwriting, sitting between the pages. Real treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!